Advantages of a Pattern Carpet
Patterned carpet may just seem like a fancy repetition of a standard flooring style, but in fact, it has many advantages that set it apart. By choosing a patterned carpet for your home, you can benefit from:
- Visual Dimension Changes: The patterns found in textured carpet enable you to control your living space. Certain patterns can influence how you and your guests will perceive the room. Stripes are quite good at making a room appear larger, whereas a complex central design can bring the focus to the center of the room.
- Stain Masking: Although patterned carpet is not inherently more resistant to stains, it may do an exceptional job of hiding them. If you live in a home that frequently suffers spills or pet stains, consider placing patterned carpets to hide discoloration.
- Furniture Pairing: Many traditional and antique furniture styles feature color options that pair well with patterned carpeting. Consider implementing both for well-rounded home decor.
- Personality: A patterned carpet is a design statement. With the proper installation, you can add an incredible amount of personality and unique charm to your home.
Drawbacks to Patterned Carpet
As gorgeous as they are, a pattern carpet installation comes with its own drawbacks as well. Some things to consider before committing to this style of carpet include:
- Quality is Obvious: Unless you can afford to splurge on a higher-end patterned carpet don’t entertain this option. The lower quality of patterned carpet is easily apparent. The durability and stain resistance will not be as high, and large amounts of discoloration from pet stains can significantly alter the pattern. Low-quality patterns that are screen printed by the carpet manufacturers will also be easy to see.
- Worn Appearance: High-traffic areas don’t mesh well with patterned carpet, and they tend to show these spots more easily. A good way to mitigate this is by installing a carpet cushion underneath, or use a carpet runner
- Difficulty Matching: A patterned carpet is a bold choice. You may have difficulty finding other pieces that match it, especially furniture. One-tone neutrals are much easier to pair.
When Should I Use Patterned Carpeting?
Patterned carpeting is best utilized when you want to make a statement with your home design. These carpets are incredibly unique and can easily make an entire room. Although many textured carpets come in antique styles, most carpet manufacturers also produce modern pieces that work exceptionally well in contemporary spaces. If conversation and character are what you’re after, don’t hesitate to pick up a patterned carpet sample to try out in your home.
How is Patterned Carpet Manufactured?
There is a variety of manufacturing details that go into making a standard quality carpet. With patterned carpeting, there are a few additional steps that allow for your carpet to have unique texture and color options that make it stand out. Let’s break down how these carpets are made.